Useful information about the U.S. visa,
visa-support and invitation letter.
If you wish to come to the U.S. as a tourist (on a B-2 visa),

we may be able to help you by providing you with a letter
of invitation at no charge. It's not a requirement, but it can
help you smooth the way.  To request an invitation,
please click U.S. Tourist Visa Invitation.

In some cases, U.S. visa offices will not accept electronically transmitted USA visa-support invitation letters. You may then request that we mail you the invitation letter.

There are several steps to apply for your U.S. visa. The order of those steps and how you complete them may vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply for your U.S. visa. Please consult the instructions available on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website where you will apply.
1. Complete the online U.S. visa application form by clicking 
DS-160 :
     a.  Complete the online visa application form
     b.  Print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview
2. Upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must be in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
3. Interview
     a. 13 and younger an interview is generally not required
          14-79 an interview is required (there are some exceptions too)
          80 and older an interview is generally not required
     b. Note:  While interviews are generally not required for applicants of certain ages outlined above, consular officers have             the discretion to require an interview of any applicant, regardless of age.
     c. You must schedule an appointment for your U.S. visa interview, generally, at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the      

          country where you live. You may schedule your interview at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate, but be aware that it may be           difficult to qualify for a U.S. visa outside of your place of permanent residence.
     d. Wait times for interview appointments may vary by location, season, and U.S. visa category, so you should apply for      

          your U.S. visa early.
     e. Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken as part of your application process. They are usually taken during your    

          interview, but this varies based on location.
4. Fees:  Pay the non-refundable U.S. visa application fee, if you are required to pay it before your interview. When your U.S.      visa is approved, you may also pay a visa issuance fee, if applicable to your nationality.
     Application fee is normally $160. Review the instructions available on the website of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate    

     where you will apply to learn more about fee payment.
5. Gather the required documentation for your U.S. visa request:
     a. Passport valid for travel to the United States: Your passport must be valid for at least six (6) months beyond your      

         period of stay in the United States, unless exempt by country-specific agreements. If more than one person is included    
         in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
     b. Nonimmigrant visa application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
     c. Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.

Additional documentation may be required.
For example, additional requested documents may include evidence of:
1. The purpose of your trip; Present your U.S. visa-support invitation letter LOI to the United States, for example:
     a. U.S. visa-support invitation letter from a tour operator from the United States, confirming that you are traveling to the             United States as a tourist, and in a case of a successful delivery of your U.S. visa you are planning to purchase a vacation           package through this U.S. tour operator.
     b. Invitation to the United States from your close relative or friend, confirming your invitation to the United States as a      

          guest and a guarantee to provide you with accommodation and all necessary facilities during your temporary stay in    
          the United States, if necessary.
2. Your intent to depart the United States after your trip; and/or prove your intent to return from the United States to your home country, for example:
     a. evidence that you are married and your spouse does not travel with you.
     b. evidence that you have a minor child / children, and that they do not travel with you.
     c. evidence that you have bank credits in your home country, such as a mortgage or a car loan.
     d. evidence that you have an active business in your country.
     e. evidence that you have parents in your country.
         You can submit all of the documents.
3. Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.  Prove your ability to pay, for example:
     a. letter from your employer stating your position at the company and a salary;
     b. certificate of business ownership;
     c. high dividends from your business over the last year;
     d. your bank account statements for the last 3 - 6 months;
     e. sufficient funds bank statement to cover the cost of your trip to the United States, for example: payment for your      

         round way air tickets, hotel accommodation, meals and other expenses during your stay in the United States. On    
         average, this amount should not be less than $300 per each day of your stay in the United States.
U.S. visa approval:
When your U.S. visa is approved, you will be informed how and when your passport with your U.S. visa will be returned to you.
Additional information on the U.S. business or tourist visas:
     a. U.S. visitors are not permitted to accept employment or work in the United States.
     b. We cannot guarantee that you will be issued your U.S. visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a           valid U.S. visa.
     c. Unless canceled or revoked, your U.S. visa is valid until its expiration date. Therefore, a valid U.S. visa in an expired      

         passport is still valid. If you have a valid visa in your expired passport, do not remove it from your expired passport. You            may use your valid U.S. visa in your expired passport along with a new valid passport for travel and admission to the      
         United States.

Complete Name
Intended Departure Date from the U.S.
Physical Address
Intended Arrival Date in the U.S.
Mailing Address (If different from your physical address)